Connect with us

Hotsprings Jetsetter Power PCB identification

Discussion in 'Power Electronics' started by Bigniv, Jan 26, 2020.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Bigniv

Bigniv

Jan 26, 2020
    I’m having problems identifying the power board (attached picture) for a Hotsprings Jetsetter hot tub 2009 make. I have had 2 failures of boards and I think it is a common fault on the power pcb... which I would like to replace to see if this fixes it. Any help would be appreciated?

Attached Files:

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi and welcome :)

The photo is a bit small to see much detail... try again with one that is around 800x600 pixels
    With the little I could make out that that seems to be a power in/out board, are there other boards in the unit ?

bertus likes this.
  3. Bigniv

Bigniv

Jan 26, 2020
    C8C4C18C-B36B-4653-9719-4076F1D94BEB.jpeg

4. Bigniv

Bigniv

Jan 26, 2020
    I hope this photo helps better...

5. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009

OK thanks ... I don't see any obvious problems in that part of the board it's basically just a few connectors and PC tracks
    there's no burnt tracks etc

how about a photo on the board that is off the top edge of the photo

6. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009

so what is the actual failure ? that is, what are the symptoms ?

7. Bigniv

Bigniv

Jan 26, 2020
    The light was flashing on my display on the hot tub and if I switched it off and back on it would reset and start working for a period and then start flashing again. Eventually it just went with a bang and I lost all power. Hence why I thought it was the power pcb.

Attached Files:

8. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009

OK

thanks for the pic … a bit dark but I cant see an y obvious burnt parts, maybe you can in better light on one side of the board or the other

The PSU section is in the top left hand corner. chances are moisture/condensation has got into it at some stage and that has caused the failure
    look for corrosion on the board, if there is some, it may lead you to where the failure is

9. Bluejets

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
    Should be signs of that somewhere I'd imagine.(black soot, burnt component, blown pcb track)

Did the "bang" come from the board area or other location..??

davenn likes this.
  10. Bigniv

Bigniv

Jan 26, 2020
    I’m remembering it coming from the board area and when I checked the digital display it was blank, although there was power going to the board there was no power on the control side of the power...

Ask a Question