Connect with us

Hot Air Station - Finally arrived!

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Sadlercomfort, Dec 9, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Sadlercomfort

Sadlercomfort Ash

Feb 9, 2013
    Hi Guys,

Just would like to share my excitement for my new hot air soldering station. What an awesome piece of kit to have, I'm looking forward to repairing a few things I outlined in my previous posts.

An interesting thing I've noticed with this tool, is how precised you have to be when adding solder paste to PCB boards. So have brought some fine syringes to help me with that.

davenn and KrisBlueNZ like this.
  2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    woohooo

pictures links to such etc lets see the beast :)

3. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Yeah, I got my first one a couple of months ago and soon wondered how I got along without it. Desoldering SMT components is a breeze (pun intended).

Bob

Sadlercomfort and davenn like this.
  4. Sadlercomfort

Sadlercomfort Ash

Feb 9, 2013
    Haha Bob,

This cost me around £35, this isn't my particular brand but they're all the similar. =] Very affordable, even on my student income. I love the thrill of de-soldering those capacitors and resistors, to much air flow and poof!

index.jpg

Supercap2F and davenn like this.
  5. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    That is what the tweezes are for!

I put tweezers on the part and pull gently up. When the solder melts it come up nice and clean.

bob

6. Sadlercomfort

Sadlercomfort Ash

Feb 9, 2013
    Have ordered a pair Bob =D

Ask a Question