Connect with us

horizonatal hold?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by charlesgundry, Aug 23, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. charlesgundry

charlesgundry

Aug 23, 2011
    Anybody have an idea about why my digital DVD player scrolls the image like the old fashoined horizontal hold on my grand dad's tv? Is there anything I as a layperson can do about it? Thanks!

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    just confirm ... the pic is moving sideways ? loss of horizontal hold usually causes the pic to skew sideways

what sort of TV / monitor is the DVD player being connected to?
    is it an old TV/monitor ? maybe can't handle the signal from the player ?
    Have you tried the player into another TV/monitor does the problem still exist ?

cheers
    Dave

3. charlesgundry

charlesgundry

Aug 23, 2011
    Hi Dave, thanks for your reply! The pic is moving down, as in scrolling...and the tv is not the problem, since other units play on it just fine. I did move it to another tv, and the problem persists. BTW, this is a CDG+ karaoke player. The sound works fine, ad the image is sharp, but scrolls. Thanks! :)

4. charlesgundry

charlesgundry

Aug 23, 2011
    Oh and Dave, Time is but the stream we go a-fishin in. :D

5. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    ok so its scrolling vertically NOT horizontally :)
    when you say other units.... do you mean identical make and model units ?

you may be able to adj the TV's vertical hold a bit to bring the pic into lock

otherwise if its a signif. fault with the DVD player, it may be a " file 13 " (junk box)
    and buy a new one. There's prob nothing you could do with the player itself that would overcome a poor/faulty signal out of it.

cheers
    Dave

Ask a Question