Connect with us

Homemade alarm clock-trigger ideas?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Commadore, Mar 26, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Commadore

Commadore

Mar 26, 2013
    Hey everyone, this is my first post of many so just wanna say hi to start.

I have got a terrible problem with waking up even having the proper amount of sleep so i thought hey some strobing lights and buzzers will do the job.

Got a good idea on the circuit design but I am struggling to think of a way to trigger it at 6 am. I have got a very basic understanding of circuits and electronics, I would say im a "breadboard hobbyist" so playing with timers, leds and the like.

Perhaps there is a sensor of some type that could be placed near my cell phone which vibrates and makes sounds at that time that can be incorperated into the circuit as the switch/trigger.

Throw the ideas out there!

also is there a way to make a 9v buzzer louder? from what i know i would guess that a transitor would do that because it amplifies the power, please correct me if im wrong I may have interperted information incorrectly. lol thanks

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
  3. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    Bucket of used motor oil mounted above your head, held in place with a solenoid and a 1 minute delayed sound detection timer :)

Betcha if there is a 1st time you miss the alarm there won't be a second :)

Ask a Question