Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Home Stereo , noise & static

Localimport

Aug 24, 2016
When ever I place a power tool battery into the charger for charging ( somewhere in the house, this is a single family house ) or if I simply just turn on the DVD player ( from the same outlet as the stereo ) and the stereo is on the radio mode, the radio starts noise and static sound out of the speakers.
As soon as I disconnect the battery charger or cut power from the DVD player, the radio sound clears up.
This has been going on for too long, and it's time to clear it up.

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
When ever I place a power tool battery into the charger for charging ( somewhere in the house, this is a single family house ) or if I simply just turn on the DVD player ( from the same outlet as the stereo ) and the stereo is on the radio mode, the radio starts noise and static sound out of the speakers.
As soon as I disconnect the battery charger or cut power from the DVD player, the radio sound clears up.
This has been going on for too long, and it's time to clear it up.
Are those the only two devices *causing* static?
This sounds most likely like a problem with the charger and dvd player causing interference. Clearing it up means ditching those devices, or spending time and money to rebuild/modify the device to reduce generated noise.

Do you get static from any other device in the same outlet in the wall?

Localimport

Aug 24, 2016
F
Hi,
Thank you for replying to my request.
I am not at that house now , but I can do a check with other type of electrical products.
Question : Is there a devise that can filter the AC powering the Home Stereo ?
Thanks again

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
F
Hi,
Thank you for replying to my request.
I am not at that house now , but I can do a check with other type of electrical products.
Question : Is there a devise that can filter the AC powering the Home Stereo ?
Thanks again
There certainly is. It's commonly called a 'line conditioner' and can be purchased in the A/V department in places like best-buy or from dedicated Audio-Video shops. Please be cautious though... you may be able to *feed* clean power to your radio, but the static may be caused either by dirty power, or dirty emissions.

Emissions will be harder to resolve because they are being radiated away from the noise causing devices either directly or indirectly. If it's dirty power, a conditioner or possibly a ferrite choke on the power cable may help resolve the issue.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
In your case, I'd try moving the battery charger away from you home electronics and to another outlet that wouldn't
be on the same incoming power line. Gyrd3's advice is the best. I'm just offering an alternative, that I'd try (if for no
other reason than to see if it solved the problem out of curiosity).