Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Home automation using DTMF technology

guntumuduguvivek

Mar 5, 2014
dtmf tech

Can u please help me out, how auto answer mode enables a call.. it's internal operation...

Last edited:

guntumuduguvivek

Mar 5, 2014
dtmf decoder

I want information of a dtmf decoder, that how it decodes the signals and gives to microcontroler ..????

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Please explain what you're talking about.

"Auto answer mode" - are you talking about a dial-up modem that can be configured to answer an incoming call on a phone line?

DTMF ("touch tone") is used for dialling. It is not related to answering calls. Do you want to generate DTMF audio or detect it?

Tell us what you want to do.

guntumuduguvivek

Mar 5, 2014
Asking about " Auto Answering Mode " , this is an option that was given in mobiles, which enables a incoming call automatically. But here my question is, how it is going to accept a call automatically.

guntumuduguvivek

Mar 5, 2014
Please help me out..
As the part of my project, it completely based on " DTMF Tech. "
i have attached a image of block diagram, i have a doubt, outcome from microcontroller is DC
and it goes to relays and switches on the devices which works with DC supply..

Then what about AC supply devices ??

Attachments

• block diagram.jpg
    block diagram.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 128

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
A relay can switch and AC device. Just make sure the contacts are rated for the voltage and current needed.

Bob

guntumuduguvivek

Mar 5, 2014
I too know that relays can switch AC devices, here supply to relays is coming from microcontroller ...

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
So you're talking about cellphones automatically answering incoming calls.

If this is an option that's available with particular cellphones, then the manuals for those cellphones will describe how it works.

I don't see any reason why a cellphone, or especially a smartphone, couldn't automatically answer a call. The phone knows when a call is coming in, and it knows the calling line identification (unless it has been suppressed). It could answer the call, then play a recorded message, record a message for you to listen to later, and even detect incoming DTMF signals from the caller and take some action, such as calling another number or sending a text message.

In principle all of this can be done. I'm not aware of any phones that do it, and I don't know of any apps for iPhones or Android devices that will do it, but you can search the Apple iOS applications store and Google Play and see if there's anything there.

If you want to know what API functions you need to use to implement this on a smartphone, you would be best to ask in a forum for iOS or Android programming, after you have searched the relevant documentation for an answer.

If I haven't guessed what you're trying to find out, you will just have to explain your question clearly!

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
If you know that, then what is your question? A relay switching AC can be driven by a small DC voltage compatible with a microcontroller. It will likely need a transistor switch to handle the current in the coil.

Bob

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
guntumuduguvivek

I have merged 3 of your threads and delete another one

STOP making multiple threads on the same subject !!!

Dave