Connect with us

HM2007

Discussion in 'Electronics Homework Help' started by kirang90, Feb 7, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. kirang90

kirang90

Feb 7, 2012
    We are doing our final year pjt based on hm2007 ic.
    Its done using manual mode in which a keypad is used as input.
    The problem i am facing right now is that whenever keypad is pressed i dont get the corresponding output (or any output) at the data bits. The DEN (data enable pin) doesnt become high when the keypad is pressed. Also the ME (memory enable pin) has no change when keypad is pressed. I have wired my circuit according to the data sheet. What might be the reasons for the problem i am facing. Is there anything additional i have to look out for?
    Please help.

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Perhaps you can show us a circuit diagram, and link to the datasheet(s)?

3. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    OK, you don't specify which package you're using, but I'll assume its the PDIP package.

S1, S2, and S3 (S3 unused in your circuit?) along with K1 - K4 are for manual keypad scanning. I resume you've verified that these are connected correctly?

Are S1 - S3 being strobed? Do you see outputs on K1 - K4 corresponding to the key being pressed?

4. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
  5. kirang90

kirang90

Feb 7, 2012
    output do appear at the pins k1-k4 .
    But still no output at data pins. Data Enable pin(DE) doesnt get enabled when keypad is pressed

Ask a Question