Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Hitachi monitor CM812U

dreiter

Jan 29, 2010
I have a 21" Hitachi monitor that was working fine one minute, and the next minute the screen appeared to be frozen as if the computer was locked up. When I rebooted the computer, the monitor did not come back up and give me a screen with exception of a flicker of the desktop once in a while after turning on the computer. With the computer plugged in, the monitor shows a cloudy garbled picture for a while. A look as if you were just staring into clouds. The screen will stay like that for a while, then go blank with a small omeba looking rainbow in the center. The monitor worked flawlessly for 13 years. I would like to repair it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

David

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
It's a CRT screen, right? An LCD screen can freeze the display, but not a CRT. If the screen "froze" then it was the computer that froze, not the monitor.

Can you try the monitor on another computer? Or another monitor on the computer.

I'm not saying that the monitor isn't at fault, but it's best to make sure you have eliminated other possibilities first.

dreiter

Jan 29, 2010
I think the computer just happened to freeze up when the monitor died. But the sequence of a events were something like this. A cell phone was sitting a few inches away from the monitor when it rang. I answered the call and when I returned to the computer, it was locked up, so I rebooted the computer. Upon reboot the monitor never came back up. Now you can plug it in the wall and the screen just looks kind of cloudy with some lines in it and after a minute or two it shuts down. Any help would be appreciated. I liked the monitor because it was 21" with 12" of height and had a very good resolution. It was a CRT and had a very clear picture right up until this happened to it.

jerryg50

Apr 18, 2010
I have a 21" Hitachi monitor that was working fine one minute, and the next minute the screen appeared to be frozen as if the computer was locked up. When I rebooted the computer, the monitor did not come back up and give me a screen with exception of a flicker of the desktop once in a while after turning on the computer. With the computer plugged in, the monitor shows a cloudy garbled picture for a while. A look as if you were just staring into clouds. The screen will stay like that for a while, then go blank with a small omeba looking rainbow in the center. The monitor worked flawlessly for 13 years. I would like to repair it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

David

Most of the time after some years of use many of the electrolytic capacitors can require changing. It's possible that the are also other faults in the monitor. Servicing a CRT monitor of its age would not be feasible.

I think its time to buy a monitor!

As for the freezing picture this cannot be the monitor. Especially a CRT monitor cannot freeze a picture. Your computer can.

Jerry G. :eek: