Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Hitachi 46UX10BF TV - Issue With Picture

mozobuddy

May 9, 2016
I am having an issue with this set. ( Hitachi 46UX10BF rear projection set ) When first turned on at the very bottom of the screen, the picture is distorted and the color convergence is mixed. After about 10 minutes of run time it clears up and picture is not bad, but not 100 percent.

I have looked on line for this model and no one has exact information for this set. I have viewed the convergence area on the board and it has 3 STK-1274 chips.

Several articles indicates other chip sets in other Hitachi models and in most cases only show 2 that may need replacement ?

Some articles suggest a set of resistors that need replaced also. Those shown look to be a carbon type. This set appears to have wire wound or sandstone type in place & they do not show any burnt or discolored spots & are located in front of the IC's

When the set is warmed up and working, I tried frost aide on this section to try and locate a thermal issue with the related components, picture quality did not change, remained having a fair picture & did not go back to the state it has when first turned on.

Shut the set off, wait an hour and it will then have the issue at the bottom of the screen untill it warms up again.

If someone has seen this in this model and or serviced one of these Hitachi's with this issue, your suggestions would be helpful, I am not a TV service man but have other service experience.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Not familiar with your set, but I'd use my freeze-spray on the vertical and horizontal IC's before I replaced the convergence chip-set.
It may not be the only problem, but it sounds like a horz or vert problem.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
May be an optical alignment issue. Did you move the set recently, that may have changed the lens alignment?