Connect with us

High and Low switching at the same Time

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Sailer oliver, Mar 26, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Sailer oliver

Sailer oliver

Mar 26, 2015
    Hi to all
    I would like to ask what kind of circuit i should use if i want to switch the High and low Mosfet at the same Time.It is for a Motor and should work from 10 to 1000Hz and from 12 to 600V.Bootstrap in this Case doesnt work.Dutycycle from 1to 30%.
    Maybe someone knows what kind of circuit (the simpler the better) could be used.I thought a Gate Drive Transformer and UCC27531 would be the simplest but for this low frequency the Transformer cant bring a DC Signal .
    Thanks for help.

2. Colin Mitchell

Colin Mitchell

Aug 31, 2014
    The type of circuit you need is called a bridge circuit and there are hundreds of them on the web for transistors and MOSFETS.

3. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Look for high and low side drivers from International Rectifier. They have 600 and 1200V offset models.

Bob

4. Sailer oliver

Sailer oliver

Mar 26, 2015
    Hi to all
    Thanks for the answers.I have build switches with IR 2184,IR 21884,ADUM4223 but i cant get them work right because the highside is powerd with bootstrap und the charging of the bootstrap cap is only possible when the highside and low side is ether on or off but i need both on or off at the same Time and it should be isolated from the Pwm. Does somebody know if there is a Gate Drive Transformer what could do this at such a low frequency?
    TanksTanks

5. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    You could use a floating supply for the high-side gate and an opto-isolator.

Bob

6. Sailer oliver

Sailer oliver

Mar 26, 2015
    Thanks for the advice.
    Does there a transformer exist wich would work in this case?

7. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Any transformer will give you a floating supply. A small 12V transformer would be good. Just don't connect the ground to the circuit's ground.

Bob

8. Sailer oliver

Sailer oliver

Mar 26, 2015
    Now i have it.Hi and low switching at the same Time.I have used a 2 Pnp Transistors for to Switch the gate of the Mosfets ,optokoppler and DC/DC converter.thank you very much.

Ask a Question