Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Hi, I am Dave from Utah

onesys01

Sep 6, 2018
What a wonderful resource we have here. So far folks really seem quite friendly. I look forward to participation. I am a software engineer for a career, and other then classes in high school, have very little practical experience, but I've been handed some projects to tackle by a client and so far, turning out pretty good.

Anyone interested in help with software development feel free to reach out to me for help as well.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi there Dave
welcome to EP :)

greetings from another Dave. I'm from Sydney, Australia

Ian

Administrator
Aug 23, 2006
Hi Dave, welcome to the forums :).

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
Welcome to Electronics Point, Dave. There are a lot of folks here who program microprocessors and microcontrollers used as embedded devices in small projects. Usual languages appear to be variants of C or C++, BASIC, Assembly, and perhaps Java. There are probably other languages used, too, as this is a pretty eclectic community. Many of us (such as myself) may have little formal training in computer science and could probably use your help and advice on algorithm development and best coding practices. I especially hate to re-invent a good wheel out of simple ignorance of how the "pros" routinely do it.