Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Hi guys/girls. Car project

3drstretch

May 30, 2017
Only joined today and hoping you lot can help me with a project I'm trying to work out. Not gonna make out I'm any kind of expert which is why I'm hoping someone here can help.

Project is I have switch panel from a car which I want to be able to use the buttons for other features/turn relays on/off etc. Both cars have similar/same features and use the same language so to speak.

More info on request

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
A switch will stay turned on until you turn it off. But a button is turned on only as long as you keep pressing it. Which do you have?

3drstretch

May 30, 2017
Thanks for your reply audioguru. The bottom one of these 3 switch panels Is the one in my BMW e39 at present which uses canbus. I'm looking to double up on the switch panels. Now I also have a switch panel out of an BMW e53 x5 which looks identical and is physically the same size as the e39 one. But as you can see by the buttons on the other pic has some different functions. Heated seats/pdc/dsc are the same. I'm hoping these other buttons can be used to control other things like heated steering wheel,heated screen etc. So switching relays etc. Think it can be done by either wiring or manipulating the circuit board if that's possible ??

Attachments

• IMG_8856.JPG
    IMG_8856.JPG
    285.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0141.JPG
    IMG_0141.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 65

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
You did not say but I assume the buttons are momentary, not on and off. Then you will need extra electronic circuits to make them turn things on and off.

3drstretch

May 30, 2017
The heated seats are 3 stage so each press lowers the heat setting then finally off. Dsc is on/off. Pdc is on/off but also comes on when reverse is selected. Boot release is just that and I'm not sure on the other 2 at mo. Do you think wot I want it to do can be done ???

Barry white

Jun 2, 2017
You may need additional wiring from the donor car. I once had a similar project an the control signal came
From a control unit within the engines electronic system. If you drop me a line may be able to help in a little more detail.