Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Hi From Australia!

Bray

Jan 24, 2012
Hi, my name is Charles Bray I'm 15 years old and want to get into Electronics. I've always been interested in maths, physics, and computer programming, etc. I've never done electronics before, but I've seen people make awesome stuff! So I was thinking of getting into it too.

It would be appreciated if someone could allocate me a post that includes the most basic tutorials, or How-To's on electronics.

Thanks,
Charles.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I've moved all the chatter to a new thread.

Please don't hijack threads, especially someone's introduction thread.

Last edited:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I've always been interested in maths, physics, and computer programming, etc. I've never done electronics before, but I've seen people make awesome stuff! So I was thinking of getting into it too.

It would be appreciated if someone could allocate me a post that includes the most basic tutorials, or How-To's on electronics.

There are a number of tutorials on this site.

Have you covered Ohms law in school? that's one of the basics you need to understand really well -- and by understand, I mean really intuitively have a grasp of what happens, not just remembering the formula.

If I were you, I might go to Jaycar's web site and find some simple kit that interested me, get it, the equipment needed to make it, and build something that works.

Then try to understand it.

You may find that circuits using microcontrollers (especially PICaxe or Arduino will interest you as you can leverage your computing knowledge). If you have a Maker group near you, you may find them a really useful resource as they tend to have lots of people doing electronics, and especially electronics involving microcontrollers.

At some point pretty early on you probably should get a solderless breadboard and use that for making up circuits, especially if you're going through example circuits you might find on the web.