Connect with us

Hi-Fi System Help?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Ken10001, Aug 12, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Ken10001

Ken10001

Aug 12, 2014
    Hey,Im Looking For a Hi-Fi System where it can produce good bass and also at the same time good audio and can also go quite loud Any Suggestions? (UK) Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
  2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi Ken
    welcome to EP :)

Yup go to a local shop and try out some different makes and models

Seriously ... do you really expect some one to accurately answer a question like that ? ;)

Dave

3. OLIVE2222

OLIVE2222

Oct 2, 2011
    Indeed a too open question! However in UK you have many good Hi-Fi product manufacturer like Naim, Rega, Mission, Arcam, listen to them !

4. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    I agree with davenn & olive2222. The sound depends on your personal taste. It may just be me, but since you asked about bass response, my personal OPINION is that some of the Japanese audio gear (now made mostly
    in China), is a little bit lacking in the bass department. I will say this in addition though. I'd Google the model numbers you wind-up considering for comments or complaints about reliability or repair service availability.
    There's nothing worse than buying something, and then having a failure years from now that you can't get fixed easily. The brand is often a major consideration when I buy something that I expect to get years of use from.
    (My bass reproduction complaint, may only be reflective of Japanese-brand speakers. Their audio gear may be fine, the Japanese design excellent stuff. It may just be that Japanese speakers lack the ooumpf I like in bass.)

5. nosnibora

nosnibora

Aug 15, 2014
    Its a difficult question to answer a lot depends on your taste of music, take your favorite Cd and check some set ups, how big is your wallet stay away from Chinese stuff, I have NAD equipment with Sansui deck powerful but quality, speakers and their wire are important I have Castle Pembroke and Mosscade with QED79 wire.

Ask a Question