Connect with us

Hi-fi issue with Sony SL-HF 750.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Leo19, Nov 26, 2019.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Leo19

Leo19

Nov 26, 2019
    Hi. This is my first time ever posting on a thread and I hope the community can give me some helpful answers. You see, I have recently fallen off the edge of the world and am in love with betamax. I have a Sony SL-HF 750, which is simply the most beautiful vcr I have ever seen. It has of course hi-fi but when the hi-fi is set to on, hissing can be heard loud and clear. I have two other betamax vcrs and they don't do this when the hi-fi is set to on. This 750 is connected to a composite to hdmi with audio extractor so that the video is sent to my av receiver via hdmi, and the audio is sent to my vacuum tube Knight 300 receiver. To let you know, I have the 750 in my room and the other two are in the livingroom. I have my suspicions about the adapter since the picture does not seem as clear as the other two vcrs. The 750 is displayed on a Vizio 4k 50 inch class tv. The other 2 are seen on a Samsung with a unique composite cable adaptor. I have opened the 750 because it arrived to me with the classic drawer stuck shmptom, but it has been fixed and am enjoyng it tremendously. During my exploration of the insides of the unit I removed the top board and found the next board below to have a black jumper cable, or wire as you might know it. So all I am asking what should I do? Should I try to find a better composite to hdmi audio extractor or is the problem reaally that jumper cable? Please help and have a lo ely day.

Ask a Question