Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Hi all (g'day)

Herbie

Sep 1, 2011
Hi everyone. My name is herbie and am a retired telephone technician PMG/Telstra Adelaide Australia. My electronics is a bit out of date and hope to learn a few things from the good people on this forum

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
Hello to you

Hi there Herbie.
Welcome to the forum from me in the UK , bit of a time difference there but i expect we will bump in to each other at some stage, communication knowledge is always of value, the old stuff offers as much input as what are high tech future does, there was a thread on here not long ago, a carer wanted comms contact around the home and yard, but an open frequency so they could keep a safe contact for the impaired/ disabled person.
The use of a baby monitor was being used, to cut a long story short the carer wanted extended radio range, or comms contact, an example where your skill could have maybe helped.

Any way there is always loads of good topics and projects, so i hope you enjoy it as much as i do, see you on the boards Herbie. Dave. :)

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Welcome Herbie.

I'm a Sandgroper!

I hope you enjoy your time here.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi everyone. My name is herbie and am a retired telephone technician PMG/Telstra Adelaide Australia. My electronics is a bit out of date and hope to learn a few things from the good people on this forum

Hey Herbie,
welcome to the forums :)

I'm an ex Telecom New Zealand tech., was made redundant from there way back in 1989

Been in Sydney for the last 11 yrs. working at various electronics companies servicing all sorts of audio, video and RF gear.

cheers
Dave