Connect with us

Helpful Tool

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Modeller9000, Sep 27, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Modeller9000

Modeller9000

Sep 27, 2013
    Hi, wanted to say great forum with friendly people!
    I'm a product design student designing a tool to aid close work such as electronics.
    So that this tool is useful I am doing some research. If anyone could fill out my survey (bellow) that would be amazing!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7YYXB8N

Thanks in advance to the kind people who do this for me!

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    That must be one of the most useless surveys I have ever seen.

Perhaps you are just trying to gather random numbers?

I answered that I prefer a candelabra in silver for my murders and I also use knives and poison. Whilst it didn't ask, I will add that I prefer to do my work in the library.

3. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Steve,

Are you saying he hasn't a Clue?

I glanced at the survey, and declined to participate.

Bob

4. Modeller9000

Modeller9000

Sep 27, 2013
    Thanks for your generous and kind words.

As you may have realised this is basically just aimed at ticking the research box for a marker so it may not be that great.

Although any constructive feedback would be useful this kind of random abuse isn't really necessary

5. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Nobody here you've talked to so far randomly abuses posts.
    If you feel abused, it ain't random abuse.

6. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    I can't imagine why you might think that we would feel any need to be particularly polite when you are simply using us to "tick a box" on your homework.

I'm absolutely sure that someone in (just say) the UK would be too proud to put together such a meaningless survey, and appalled to ask people to give up their time to fill it in for no good reason. You are clearly situated in a part of the world where education resources are very scant and we should not be making fun of your limited understanding.

My best constructive feedback would be for you to go in search of an educational institution (perhaps you could travel to London?). With your aptitude in dismissing any need for research as well as a penchant for rubbing people up the wrong way, I would suggest here. I'm sure they would have an MBA course suited to you.

But since you're only a teenager, I'd recommend that you persist with something like the central Bedfordshire technical college.

You probably know everything already, but don't worry, as you grow older the world will expand and the bit that is you will shrink in comparison until you realise you are just a tiny little insignificant pinprick in an ocean of knowledge and experience and thoughts and feelings...

Then you'll see that the abuse is far from random.

But until then, just ask us to tick your boxes. We've got nothing better to do.

7. Rob_K

Rob_K

Sep 20, 2013
    Hmm, without sounding patronising, I kind of agree with Steve.

If you want to take your learning seriously, then really you should apply yourself a little better than asking electronics people to choose a favorite out of a set of garden tools.

A little more thought for this might have reaped some interesting rewards.

Ask a Question