Connect with us


Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by dlongley, Aug 31, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. dlongley


    Aug 31, 2012
    I am trying to replace an obsolete part with something electronic. I am replacing a potentiometer joystick with a double pole togle switch but need to slowly ramp the voltage up from 0 to 12v in one direction and from 12v to 0 in the other. Any ideas on what I can use or build that will do this. amprage is low operating a coil/spool valve.
  2. CocaCola


    Apr 7, 2012
    Is there a reason you are replacing it with toggle switches instead of say two pots an analog rocker switch or an analog joystick?
  3. davenn

    davenn Moderator

    Sep 5, 2009
    hi dlongley
    welcome to the forums :)

    firstly ..... I assume there's something obviously wrong with the pot joystick ?
    secondly .... a switch isnt going to do what a pot does ..... visit a hobby craft store specialising in remote control systems and look at getting a replacement joystick pot unit , they are still readily available

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day