Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help with wiring electric motor

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
This motor appears to not need an earth wire. It does need 220 V AC, which may have one leg connected to neutral or not, depending on where you live. So, assume both of your 220 V AC feed wires are "hot". Connect one feed to the two yellow motor wires that are connected to the middle terminal. Connect the other feed to one of the end terminals, according to which direction you want the motor shaft to rotate. If you have a third "earthing" wire, connect it to the motor case as @(*steve*) suggested. If your 220 V AC feed has just one "hot" wire and an earth-grounded "neutral" I would connect the "neutral" to the middle terminal and the "hot" to one of the terminals on the end.

Sina

Nov 4, 2014
thank you for the advise - I live in the UK where there are 3 wires/pins for majority of electrical appliances (having said that I do have number of electrical equipments with 2 pins connected to socket adaptor). The motor is working fine with L to middle terminal and N to either side depending on rotation preference.
As suggested, I will install it with earth connected to the body.