Connect with us

Help with TFT LCD

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by I.Lev, Oct 3, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. I.Lev

I.Lev

Oct 3, 2014
    Hi all,

I have salvaged a tft lcd from an epson printer and I want to interface it to an atmega. I couldn't find a datasheet of the ic on the lcd but I found the connector pinout. The pins are: CPNLSCK, CPNLCE, CPNLDATA0, CPNLRST, +5V, +3.3V and GND. I think that the cpnl pins are spi pins.

2. Anon_LG

Anon_LG

Jun 24, 2014
  3. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
    Also, take a photo of any markings, including company logos, on the module.

4. I.Lev

I.Lev

Oct 3, 2014
    The ic is epson E09A-81AA-G8449

5. I.Lev

I.Lev

Oct 3, 2014
    Here is the photo of the lcd
    P1060161.JPG

6. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
    Hmm. I think you're on your own with this one. You'll need to figure out the low-level protocol to be able to communicate with it, then you'll need to figure out the command set for the IC. The command set might be based on other similar controllers.

The "CPNL" in all of the signals probably stands for "control panel" (in case you hadn't guessed that already), and obviously you'll need to provide +5V and +3.3V. So the signals are SCK (serial data clock), CE (chip enable - could be active high or active low), DATA0 (serial data) and RST (reset; could be active high or active low).

These signals could use 3.3V or 5V levels; more likely 3.3V I think.

So you could write some code to send bytes using standard SPI conventions and see if you can get it to do anything, but you could spend a lot of time and get nowhere... Let us know if you make any progress though!

7. piif

piif

Mar 8, 2015
    Hello,
    I found a very similar screen (your photo matches excepted few digits), but can't find information on it anywhere (excepted people asking the same question like here).
    Where did you find this pinout ? Could you detail which pin number is which function ?

8. I.Lev

I.Lev

Oct 3, 2014
    I found a schematic for the printer in the repair manual and got the pinout from there. I can post it if you need it.

9. piif

piif

Mar 8, 2015
    Hello,
    I'm interested in this manual cause I found only older printer ones, where connectors seems different

Thanks in advance

10. I.Lev

I.Lev

Oct 3, 2014
    Here is it.
    If you want the full manual, you can download it here. LCD.png .

11. khaireddine

khaireddine

Feb 1, 2017
    Hello Bro i have same problem as I.lev as i have the same screen and i not know a lot about it
    ill be so thankful if u send me the manual too cuz the link had expired

Ask a Question