Connect with us

help with SSR selection

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by mitchknights, Aug 10, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. mitchknights

mitchknights

Aug 10, 2010
    hi all,

require help selecting the component i require. i need a solid state relay that is powered from one common source but has two seperately isolated grounds. the coil draw can only be 1-2mA and the output only needs to handle 10-30mA. ive attached a circuit diagram of what im trying to achieve. the resistor values will be chosen after i get an idea what voltage ive got to drop down to to power the relay and LED. ive checked out RS components and found some stuff that may work but im not 100% so i thought id get some experienced advice. any feedback would be great.

cheers mitch.

Attached Files:

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    A SSR is completely isolated so you can connect it any way you like.

You may want to place a zener across the relay to prevent the voltage rising above its rated maximum.

Do you want this to turn off each half cycle?

Be careful of both the power dissipation and the voltage rating of the resistors.

Ask a Question