Connect with us

Help with SG348 Thermistor

Discussion in 'Power Electronics' started by shensold, Dec 20, 2018.

1. shensold

shensold

Dec 20, 2018
    First: I am troubleshooting a control board for a variable speed blower motor on a furnace and found a fried component (see picture 2). I believe it is the thermistor but cannot find the exact part number to match online. An older thread mentioned "SG-348 is NTC Thermistor made by RTI Electronics.This one is not listed but a reliable source said it is 1ohm surge-
    gard and can be replaced with SG-328
    ". Can anyone confirm if this is correct?

Second: The back of the circuit board appears to have a yellowed adhesive (thin) over the solder joints (see picture 1). Does this need to be removed before I can remove the old component and replace with a new one? Advice to make this successful? Thanks!
    IMG_20181219_202602675.jpg IMG_20181219_202534713.jpg

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    Looks like you're having anot uncommon issue with this unit (?) or a similar one. There's also a recommendation for a spare part in the video.

3. shensold

shensold

Dec 20, 2018
    Thanks. For anyone else looking for answer, the specific part number I found and used was: AMETHERM SL22 1R020 NTC THERMISTOR
    It is 1 ohm, 20A, 22mm diameter. Working for now! My blower is a GE 3/4 HP.

Ask a Question