Connect with us

Help with RS-232 connectivity

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by Funkoid, Aug 12, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Funkoid

Funkoid

Aug 12, 2014
    Total newbie I'm afraid :(

I recently purchased a 3.3V TTL to RS-232 level shifter module which came with jump leads instead of the connections I need.

The serial connector I'm after connecting via is of type JST PHR-4 but I neither have a phr-4 or the crimping tools required :-(

Is there such a thing that will essentially allow me to plug in to the serial connector on the board but expose the pins and give me enough room to use the jump cables that came with the level shifter?

I've attached a photo to show you what I want to achieve - sorry if I've confused you and if it's a daft question.

Attached Files:

2. gorgon

gorgon

Jun 6, 2011
    You could use a 10lead(9) ribbon cable and a 9pin dsub with ribbon press connection. The other end of the ribbon cable can be pressed into a 10p female connector, or soldered to whatever you need to connect to. Another way to do it is to solder wires to a standard pitch header from the Dsub, and connect from there.

Ask a Question