Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help with relay setup please

acidgut

Apr 30, 2011
Id like to use a 12v relay to sound a buzzer in my car when the fuse to my thermo fans blows. Any help with diagrams is greatly appreciated.
Im very new to this and was sold a relay with written instructions, i tried to do it but with no luck. thankyou

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
A small buzzer draws less current than a relay so I don't see the need for the latter. Just wire the buzzer (observing the correct polarity) across the fuse in question.

Attachments

• Bz.PNG
    Bz.PNG
    5.4 KB · Views: 135

acidgut

Apr 30, 2011
A small buzzer draws less current than a relay so I don't see the need for the latter. Just wire the buzzer (observing the correct polarity) across the fuse in question.

Thankyou, i tried this and it did not work. Any other ideas please?

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
So you had the motor hot enough to make the fan run, pulled the fuse and the buzzer didn't sound?
Some more information perhaps? Car wiring diagram (if it's an original setup) or a link to the aftermarket fan setup, and some info about the relay you got for the purpse.

acidgut

Apr 30, 2011
So you had the motor hot enough to make the fan run, pulled the fuse and the buzzer didn't sound?
Some more information perhaps? Car wiring diagram (if it's an original setup) or a link to the aftermarket fan setup, and some info about the relay you got for the purpse.

its an aftermarket fan on a land rover discovery. the power to the fan from the fuse goes to a thermostat that is adjustable to turn the fan on at differentg temperatures. ignition does not have to be on for power to go to the fuse.

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
Ok, sounds simple enough. Is it a mechanical thermostat? What's the deal with the fuse blowing anyhow? Is this how it's wired, and how you tried to wire the buzzer?
You didn't reply to my question about the hot motor test btw.. Observe that the buzzer won't sound until the thermostat kicks in. A relay won't help that.
What kind of buzzer is it? Is the motor brushless? Do you need the buzzer to sound even if the thermostat is not engaged?

Attachments

• FanBuzz.PNG
    FanBuzz.PNG
    6 KB · Views: 144