Connect with us

Help with PIR Light circuit

Discussion in 'LEDs and Optoelectronics' started by pundabuyer, Feb 18, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. pundabuyer

pundabuyer

Feb 18, 2016
    Hi guys!

I'm a total noob to this but am looking for some help to see if I can change this light. It's an outdoor pir light with adjustment for time, lux and sensitivity.

I want to change the circuit so it comes on constantly, when the lux is low outside and go off at dawn. Basically I'd like to remove the timer and sensitivity element. They look like variable resistors I have removed the timer resistor in the image attached,

After removal the light stays on constantly but doesn't react to lux, any help would be fab!

Andy

Attached Files:

2. Alec_t

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
    Welcome to EP!
    You would have to reverse-engineer the circuit to know how it could be modified. I doubt the schematic is publically available (but give Google a try if you have the board's serial number/ID).

3. Colin Mitchell

Colin Mitchell

Aug 31, 2014
    Remove the timer pot.

4. Bluejets

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
    Do not know what type of sensor you have BUT many of the China versions are able to do just that.
    Operation is by the line control switch.
    Turn on and leave on = automatic (timer). When the control switch is operated it first switches the light on and after a settling time the light goes out and the unit is on auto.
    Turn off and back on again within 2 seconds - manual (on constantly)
    It does however, bypass the light sensor BUT you could use a small timer that turns off then back on again after dawn.
    Or just use a daylight switch.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  5. Colin Mitchell

Colin Mitchell

Aug 31, 2014
    JUST REMOVE THE TIMER POT.

Ask a Question