Connect with us

Help with passband filter!

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by kopamundarain, May 19, 2016.

1. kopamundarain

kopamundarain

May 19, 2016
    Could anybody help me design a passband filter for ECG? I'd like the cut off frequencies to be 0,05 and 150 Hz. We have limitations though: we only have maximun 470 nF condensators and 680kOhm resistances. More than anything I'd like the values so that we can start building (we're reaching the deadline).

2. hevans1944

hevans1944 Hop - AC8NS

Jun 21, 2012
    Might be some useful links here. You also need a notch filter ahead of your bandpass filter to suppress power-line interference, assuming you don't operate in a Faraday cage shielded room with DC power. Simplest filter is probably the Salen-Key active filter which you can find more information on here. Also search this forum. We had someone building some such thing for EEG and ECG experiments some time ago. No idea if they were successful. On specifying components: you don't start out by limiting yourself to specific values of capacitors and resistors. You design the circuit first and then acquire the components you need.

Ask a Question