Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help with mini controller.....

kordobachi

Jun 10, 2012
I need help with a couple of led xmas lights I bought which uses a 8 function mini controller. I opened it up and took a picture. I installed it just below the roof line and I attached a switch lower to the ground. I noticed that if left switch off for a long period of time the light revert to the original setting of combination (all sequences will be played in intervals) when I had set it to steady on. Since it is too high to reach the controller every time, is there a way to keep it steady on by uhmm I don't know maybe cutting a connection or jumping one? Any help would be great. Thanks.

The 8 Functions
1. Combination
2. In Waves
3. Steady On
4. Slow Glow
5. Chasing
6. Slow FAde
7. Twinkle
8. Steady On

Attachments

• DSC00001_resize.JPG
    DSC00001_resize.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 461
  • DSC00004_resize.JPG
    DSC00004_resize.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 252

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I think they rely on a capacitor to keep some memory device powered. This type of control is ubiquitous. I have it in various forms in a whole host of christmas lights (yes, my house is "one of those" at christmas.) Some lose the state when powered off, some shortly after, others will hold it for around 24 hours.

Maybe there's a capacitor in there you could swap out for a better one. And there does seem to be a capacitor there...

My first thought would be to grab one out of my junkbox that was either larger or had lower leakage and see if it performed better. That may indicate if that capacitor is an issue and may either solve it or get you headed on the right direction.