Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help with connector id..

nadsack

Jun 8, 2010
I'm trying to make an extension cable for a piece of equipement because I need alot more length than the supplied cable but I'm finding it hard to find the connectors needed, mainly because I have no idea what they are called :LOL..

I hope the pics below are of some help. Pitch I believe is 1.27mm, connector is 10 pin..

img0023640x480.jpg

img0022640x480j.jpg

Ideally what I'm after is a cable to cable solution rather than a cable to board but I'll take what I can get at the end of the day..

It'd be a great help to even know what type of connectors these even are..

Note there is no writing on the connectors to help me id it.

Appreciate any help!
Nads.

Last edited:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi there

After much searching.... Molex, Hirose and JST all produce connectors along those lines. I dont know where you are (country) here in Australia we can get them from RS or Farnell

cheers
Dave

nadsack

Jun 8, 2010
Hi there

After much searching.... Molex, Hirose and JST all produce connectors along those lines. I dont know where you are (country) here in Australia we can get them from RS or Farnell

cheers
Dave

Yeh from Australia. I looked at RS's catalog but for the life of me I couldn't find that exact one.. I thought it'd be easy to find since I've seen these connectors around but no luck. I also sent an email to RS tech line asking but no reply yet..If you have a quick link to this specific adaptor on RS (or farnell [I haven't looked here yet]) I'd really appreciate a pointer..

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Had a look through farnell. Saw a couple that might fit.. It's not quite the same though..
http://au.farnell.com/multicomp/mc34731/receptacle-free-10way/dp/1578147

Might take a trip over there in the flesh and enquire at the trade counter.

You may not find the exact one and instead just replace the existing one with what is available.
i probably have what you want at home :) I tent to salvage most of those styles if connectors (plugs and sockets ) off boards I strip for parts. ya just never know when they mite be handy in a project ;)

Dave