Connect with us

Help with air hockey digital scoreboard

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by hugabone, Sep 22, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. hugabone

hugabone

Sep 22, 2015
    I just bought a used air hockey with a overhead scoreboard. The problem is both goals sometimes counts on their own, if you disconnect both goals then neither counts. I tried adjusting the sensors but eventually they will count. I think the problem is with the controller because after about forty seconds the scoreboards will flicker and it seems to really happen after the flicker. I have some background in electronics but havent dealt with it on the board level in about twenty two years. Where should I look, would it help if I up loaded the board? thanks

2. dorke

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
    Please start with brand and model.
    Schematics and/or service manual may help a lot.
    Take some closeup photos as well and upload them.

3. hugabone

hugabone

Sep 22, 2015

Attached Files:

4. dorke

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
    Can you describe the "flicker"?at what rate?
    Is the display readable when it flickers?
    Doe it count correctly before it stars "flickering" ?

On one display board(the one without the LEDs) there are signs of something spilled.
    It needs cleaning with rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab- especially near the bare wires.

There are 6 LEDs on the other board,what are they indicating?
    Can you please take photos of the print side of both display boards.

5. hugabone

hugabone

Sep 22, 2015
    The scoreboard has two identical sides, they both will start to go dim at about 40 seconds after the timer starts, a minute or so later they will totally go out for about a split second. Once it flickers a few times the scoreboard no longer counts. It still flickers whether the two goal sensors are connected or not.

It is still readable, they just go dim then a little while later they go totally out for a bit. How can a video be uploaded here?

6. dorke

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
    What is feeding power to the board?What voltage?
    Is there a Power Supply?

Try touching the parts on the board,Any parts are warm or getting hot?

Have you got a DMM?
    If so measure the voltage on DZ and U02(2 pins).

Don't know how to load video here,you can load on youtube or such and post the link here.

Ask a Question