Connect with us

HELP with a simple circuit to fade in a LED

Discussion in 'LEDs and Optoelectronics' started by lefam, Dec 2, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. lefam

lefam

Nov 18, 2010
    Hi guys!

I am pretty new to electronics. I have just designed a circuit that turns on a LED when you press a tactile switch and fades out the LED when you open the switch.

Can you help me designing a circuit that fades in a LED when a switch is closed? Please something simple (in preference a RC circuit).

Thank you

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Please show us the circuit you have designed (as a schematic).

I am presuming you have a capacitor that is charged and then discharges through a resistor and a LED.

Putting the capacitor, the resistor, and the LED in series will do pretty much what you ask, but you also need to provide a way to discharge the capacitor. But I am makinf assumprions about your original circuit that may not be correct.

3. lefam

lefam

Nov 18, 2010
    Please forget the circuit that fades out the LED.

I want to build from scratch a circuit that fades in a LED. The circuit should not have anything to do with the fade out circuit.

The circuit should contain a tactile switch (push to make switch). When the switch is pushed it should fade in the LED. I think the capacitor would be discharged when the switch is opened.

I have attached the LED fade out circuit schematics. Can you recommend me a nice program that draws schematics?

Attached Files:

Ask a Question