Connect with us

help with a servo motor

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by ziphlox, May 20, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. ziphlox

ziphlox

May 20, 2013
    hi,
    i wanna ask if there is any datasheet for this sort of servo motor (its picture is attached to this post) in which there are 5 wires.
    i only know that two of them are + & -, but the other three are the ones i can't figure out what are they used for or how are they connected in a circuit.
    i'm hoping i could find some help in here since this is my first post in this forum.
    thank you guys.

Attached Files:

2. gorgon

gorgon

Jun 6, 2011
    How do you know this is a stepper motor?
    Have you got any type number or any additional information at all?

3. ziphlox

ziphlox

May 20, 2013
    this is not a stepper motor, it's written in the simulation software "proteus ISIS" that it's a servo motor.
    the two wires on the sides are for the connection of the motor + & -, the other 3 are the ones i can't figure out where they are exactly connected or what are they called.

here is a picture attached so that you would be sure it is not a stepper motor.

Attached Files:

4. ziphlox

ziphlox

May 20, 2013
    i forgot to mention that when you point out on those 3 other wires with the cursor, it appears that each one has a name, there is P2, PC in the middle & P1.
    i just don't know how can i connect them to make the servo motor work in a speed control locked loop (or i guess that's how it's called).

5. gorgon

gorgon

Jun 6, 2011
    Ok, sorry mixed with another post. For a servo motor I would think that the 3 extra wires are a tacho output or positional decoder output. I would think that one wire is common, and the other two are quadrature pulsed outputs. More unlikely, if the servo is a single turn output they could be part of a potensiometer, for position.

6. ziphlox

ziphlox

May 20, 2013
    thank you for the help, i appreciate it.

i hope i can find some more precise answer.

7. gorgon

gorgon

Jun 6, 2011
    I would think that PC is common, and P1 and P2 are quadrature outputs, pulsing a number of cycles for one rotation. Normally there will be 90deg difference between the outputs, and you can then decode direction and rotation of the servo motor.

Take a look here for more: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/4763/en

Ask a Question