Connect with us

Help with a lens power unit

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Griggs, Jan 18, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Griggs

Griggs

Jan 18, 2010
    Hi,
    Im new to the forum, and I am not very experienced with electronics, nor do I know really any terms and such.

But anyway, im building a better model of a power unit for a lens adapter system i build for video cameras. And this power unit is powering a 12mm vibrating pancake disk motor.

Basically the motor needs to be able to be run from 0.75-2.40v
    This is because the voltage will need to be increased, to increase vibration, so I can use higher frame rates while shooting without detecting the vibration of the unit, but thats all camera techy stuff that doesn't really matter.

Anyway, so i want to have a rheostat with a control knob running out of the project box to control the voltage, and I also need to hook up some sort of battery level LED light indicator (voltage indicator). Also I want a on/off switch, and lastly I want to hook up a power input to charge the battery inside the unit, so I never have to open up the project box and I can plug the lens right into the charger and along with the battery level indicator, I can know when to charge it.

Ive built this before, but not with a rechargeable input plug and a battery level indicator and what not so thats what I cant figure out, also I need help with all the other parts, especially the rheostat, because I know I can find better, more applicable parts to use for the unit.

So anyway, I would really appreciate the help. If you guys could direct me to some links on the rheostat, battery lever indicator LED thinger, charging unit and parts, and what battery to use. And of course anything else you guys think I need to make this work.

But also, im not to experienced with how to hook this all up, like what order and where to solder what. So any help with that would be amazing as well!!!!

Thank you so much!!!

2. Griggs

Griggs

Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
Ask a Question