Connect with us

help with a flyback

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by user joe, Apr 11, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. user joe

user joe

Apr 11, 2014
    i want to build up electrostatic ions with a flyback. need help. all i have atm is the flyback. and identified four of twelve pins. as the four needed but the guy that said those r the pins u need. said nothing after that. i have this thing how do i use it to make an arc. i know wat to do from there but i need the arc first plz help.

2. dude

dude

Apr 15, 2014
    You might want to study up a bit on flyback circuits before undertaking this project and also be aware you will be dealing with very high voltages that could give you a very nasty zap. Not to turn you off, I'm still alive after repairing hundreds of tv's, but I didn't exactly take on tv's as my first repair projects. Here's a generic circuit you could look at.
    http://www.eleccircuit.com/10-30kv-tv-flyback-driver-with-2n3055/

3. user joe

user joe

Apr 11, 2014
    Thanx i know the dangers I've made my share of high voltage devices. Also I've seen that diagram many times. I'm not fluent with the diagrams tho. I dont have the knowledge to decipher that diagram. I really need a parts list. Where or what devices to salvage these parts from. And in wat order to wire them up in. I know that the diagram probably explains that perfectly butbi cant read the symbols and etc. plz i would appreciate further feedback. I have such the Internet in and out and found instructables on -ion generators that charge ur body. Van de grads, but all seem to be low powered or not thoroughly explained enough. I kinda need laments terms. I'm very intelligent but I'm more of a chemist. If u know wat i mean. Srry i typed fast and auto correct sumtimes auto incorrects my spelling.
    Ps- can the fly back even produce negative ions? The main purpose of the entire project is to charge a metal sphere i have so that it will discharge like a van de graff. That's the point of the project. I want to produce a dc powered alternative to a van de graff. Preferably one powered by 12v or less. If u have a better idea u cud explain to me. Please do. I would be very grateful for any help to complete the project. I have a deadline of may 2nd.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  4. dude

dude

Apr 15, 2014
    Sorry for the late reply. Without being able to decipher the symbols or being able to work out what the circuit does you are going to have a hard time trying to build one. It's not that it's a hard concept or that you could not understand it if someone sat you down and explained it to you but failing that making something like this is a bit too advanced for you at the moment. You are missing some basic knowledge that's all. Yes these circuits do produce negative ions, plenty off them even without producing arcing. When you pull apart a CRT TV, especially from a smokers home, the whole chassis will be covered in black soot, so much so that you will look like a monkey messing with it very quickly. With dirty TV's like that the first thing I'd do is rip the chassis out, throw it into a sink of hot soapy water and hose out the other half of the TV with the screen on it after I removed the speaker. Then I'd let everything dry for a couple of days before doing any work on it. Kind of funny back in the CRT TV days people buying these negative ion generators and putting them in their lounge when they had a HUGE one sitting there already.

5. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Try your own idea. Google Van De Graff generators, you'll probably get a lot of hits on home-made circuits for them. Parts lists and all.
    (But like dude said, them high voltages are nasty to work with. So watch yourself)

Ask a Question