Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help with a Data Acquisition Project with AT89S52

vinod.g

Jan 28, 2015
Hello fellows,
I am building a small DAQS for monitoring parameters such as temperature. I have a small problem, I want to print the value of the sensor in my laptop screen instead of an LCD display. Heard softwares like Docklights can be used to perform the same. As I am a newbie to programming I have little idea about what must be done. So kindly help me and push me in the right track. Thank you.!

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
I have done something similar this week with an Arduino Nano. I wanted to measure the voltage of a battery as it was discharging. I connected it to the A to D port of the Arduino and modified one of the many standard sketches that come with it.

The Arduino IDE comes with something called a serial monitor so you can display it in real time on the screen. It took me about half an hour to get it working. I then thought I would save all the data to a file, so I used CoolTerm to do this and saved the data to a text file. You can also use this program to view the result in real time.

Doing it the other way you will still need some hardware and software to convert your measured data into a format you can send to the RS232 port via a UART. Using a micro would be the only option unless you could find a specific unit that did that for you like a data logger of some description.

Adam