Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help with a circuit.

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Le Tominator . . . . .

You say . . .

I shall now explain why I have so many switches.
The circuit with the RED LED is what I am building now.
Basically, the Red LED is a pilot light to show whether the voltage is on or not at the switch.
You may have noticed a larger switch next to it. This larger switch will be used to turn on the next circuit which I have got the parts for and will start building. This is a DIY solder fume extractor fan which I will route through the switch, then to a boost converter and back to negative.
The other 2 sets of switched and the POT I am thinking about.
I would like a hydrogen generator, so on one of the sets of switched I will route that through.

Lets just initially talk this thru.. . . . . before initiating a drawing.
The initial consideration wouild be, that the main power comes in and initially encounters the KEY switch, that is then being the master power switch.
If it is turned on then power passes thru it, it inittially encounters a DIGITAL VOLTMETER module which has its + power connection across the same 6VDC buss and its negative connection is being made to the MINUS buss .
And if your display numbering being shown is correct, that would be a basic 6VDC power level.
If you additionally connected the GREEN LED in the same manner, it would serve as a GREEN on . . . . . for basic power presence indication.

Now, in referring back to your initial "hodge podge " drawing, you had a single pole 12 position ROTARY SWITCH wired so that its #1 position was in " lock out " mode, thereby inhibiting any voltage / power output from the + power buss from reaching your RED LED indicator and its companion, small toggle switch.
Howevere, if the rotary switch was advanced to its #2 position, power could then pass to the RED LED indicator and its companion, small toggle switch.

Is this still being the manner in which the ROTARY SWITCH is being used ?

If so, that would be its sole function, with it being a mere single pole unit.
A potential flexibility for other functions would be for its rotor connection being connected to the + power buss and daisy chaining the 12 specific stator connections fror different functions / or using power steering diodes or power relays to initiate other engagements..

Basically, the Red LED is a pilot light to show whether the voltage is on at the small toggle switch.

Considering that you retained the rotary "lockout" switch function, then the power + buss coming out of it would go into the small toggle switch and come out of that switches other terminal to then power your " converter " which then powers a fume extraction fan***. ? ? ?
That same output terminal of the switch would also have the RED LED indicator connected across it to negative ground buss.

*** the extraction term . . . . . itself . . . suggests need of a somewhat HEFTY power level to completely accomplish that fan action . . . no mere whisper or muffin type of fan would effectively accomplish that.

That then fulfills the power switching to the extraction process along with also having a RED power activation LED for the small toggle switch.

I would like a hydrogen generator, so on one of the sets of switched I will route that through.

What goes there ? . .

Possibly. . . . the fabrication of a micro torch, utilizing a size 16 stainless steel hypodermic needle and a supply of hydrogen / or / Brown's gas, to then be used for micro soft / hard soldering or brazing ?

Thassssssssssit . . . . .

73's de Edd . . . . .

I have always wanted to be a procrastinator, but, I just never got around to it.

The_Tominator

Jul 20, 2019
Now, in referring back to your initial "hodge podge " drawing, you had a single pole 12 position ROTARY SWITCH wired so that its #1 position was in " lock out " mode, thereby inhibiting any voltage / power output from the + power buss from reaching your RED LED indicator and its companion, small toggle switch.
Howevere, if the rotary switch was advanced to its #2 position, power could then pass to the RED LED indicator and its companion, small toggle switch.

*** the extraction term . . . . . itself . . . suggests need of a somewhat HEFTY power level to completely accomplish that fan action . . . no mere whisper or muffin type of fan would effectively accomplish that.

That then fulfills the power switching to the extraction process along with also having a RED power activation LED for the small toggle switch.

What goes there ? . .

Possibly. . . . the fabrication of a micro torch, utilizing a size 16 stainless steel hypodermic needle and a supply of hydrogen / or / Brown's gas, to then be used for micro soft / hard soldering or brbrazing?

First question - the Rotary switch.
Yes, the same way as I and you have described.

Second item - the Extractor fan.
I have a small 5V PC style Fan which I will mount in a box with a Carbon filter and then route it out back into a pipe.
For now, the 5V will do.

Third question- what goes here.
Well, I am still looking for an easy way to make a simple beginners-style Generator.
As ideas get better and knowledge gets better, the design and capacity will get better.
Haven't really thought too hard about that yet
Thanks.

The_Tominator

Jul 20, 2019
Le Tominator . . . . .

You say . . .

I shall now explain why I have so many switches.
The circuit with the RED LED is what I am building now.
Basically, the Red LED is a pilot light to show whether the voltage is on or not at the switch.
You may have noticed a larger switch next to it. This larger switch will be used to turn on the next circuit which I have got the parts for and will start building. This is a DIY solder fume extractor fan which I will route through the switch, then to a boost converter and back to negative.
The other 2 sets of switched and the POT I am thinking about.

Lets just initially talk this thru.. . . . . before initiating a drawing.
The initial consideration wouild be, that the main power comes in and initially encounters the KEY switch, that is then being the master power switch.
If it is turned on then power passes thru it, it inittially encounters a DIGITAL VOLTMETER module which has its + power connection across the same 6VDC buss and its negative connection is being made to the MINUS buss .
And if your display numbering being shown is correct, that would be a basic 6VDC power level.
If you additionally connected the GREEN LED in the same manner, it would serve as a GREEN on . . . . . for basic power presence indication.

If so, that would be its sole function, with it being a mere single pole unit.
A potential flexibility for other functions would be for its rotor connection being connected to the + power buss and daisy chaining the 12 specific stator connections fror different functions / or using power steering diodes or power relays to initiate other engagements..

Basically, the Red LED is a pilot light to show whether the voltage is on at the small toggle switch.

Considering that you retained the rotary "lockout" switch function, then the power + buss coming out of it would go into the small toggle switch and come out of that switches other terminal to then power your " converter " which then powers a fume extraction fan***. ? ? ?
That same output terminal of the switch would also have the RED LED indicator connected across it to negative ground buss.

What goes there ? . .

Possibly. . . . the fabrication of a micro torch, utilizing a size 16 stainless steel hypodermic needle and a supply of hydrogen / or / Brown's gas, to then be used for micro soft / hard soldering or brazing ?

Thassssssssssit . . . . .

73's de Edd . . . . .

I have always wanted to be a procrastinator, but, I just never got around to it.
Yeh, haven't heard from you in a while. Thought I better say I'm going ahead with the hydrogen generator.
Let's see what happen!!