Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help!! Wiring solution needed.

partyanimallighting

Oct 22, 2012
Hey guys!! I've gotten a pair of old used fog machines from a friend's club and, by the process of gutting out and testing, I've managed to get one of them fully functional (to an extent) by cannibalizing parts off of the other. The heater heats up and cuts off in a timely manner, all function LED's display as they should (both on solid BLUE on POWER UP for a couple seconds then go out, then one flashes RED/BLUE during WARM UP, and then both go solid BLUE, signalling that the unit is READY TO FOG. Here's my problem. I've searched the company's website and Googled for a user manual and I cannot find one. The reason I would like a manual is because the unit has DMX inputs/outputs but no way to set a DMX address, no DIP switches, no display, nothing. There's even what I'm sure is a DMX interface chip on the PCB right next to the DMX input/output terminals but no way to address the unit. The remote control is equally as vague, a 5 PIN XLR input leading back to a 5 wire terminal on the PCB next to the DMX input/output. The terminal is numbered (-, +, 1, 2, 3) and I'm getting 5VDC across the (- and +) and nothing on the other pins. Is there a simple way I can connect a simple TOUCH switch to this terminal to trigger the fog? i don't want to go bridging wires on the remote terminal and possibly short out something. I also found a 5 pin remote in one of my parts bins and tried this and the TIMER and POWER LED's on this remote functioned but when the machine cycled on and I pressed the FOG button, 0 output. I figure it has to be something with the wiring with this remote but I don't want to go shorting out the mainboard.

PCB Layout.jpg 2019-08-10 22.16.44.jpg