Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help wiring a DPDT switch

Apostrophe

Jul 19, 2021
I think at this point your best option is still the DPDT with center off. Yes, I would get a more expensive switch but also I recommend talking to the manufacturer of the switch about the problem BEFORE you order another one. The manufacturer may have options after they understand the problem.

That is good advice. Thank you very much for all your help today. I hope that someday I can pay it forward. :)

DBingaman

Jun 27, 2021
I am talking with a tech rep at digikey about the problem, see if he can offer an appropriate switch...

Apostrophe

Jul 19, 2021
Maximum dimensions (for the interior portion of the switch, not the exterior panel mount portion): ~0.65" x ~ 0.85"
Maximum outer dimensions (for panel cover): ~0.80" x ~0.85"
Smaller options are preferred over larger ones. As for the protrusion of the switch from the panel, I'm looking for as low a profile as I can get, but would like it to be less than 0.35"

Apostrophe

Jul 19, 2021
Here is an image which better explains what I mean.

Attachments

• switch max dimensions.png
    switch max dimensions.png
    539.1 KB · Views: 2

DBingaman

Jun 27, 2021
Here is an image which better explains what I mean.
ok. We have some rather limited choices on this especially with limited height dimension. Recommend you talk to a switch manufacturer to get what we want. Sorry I can't be of much more help. If I happen to find a switch that meets the requirements I will let you know via this thread.

Apostrophe

Jul 19, 2021
ok. We have some rather limited choices on this especially with limited height dimension. Recommend you talk to a switch manufacturer to get what we want. Sorry I can't be of much more help. If I happen to find a switch that meets the requirements I will let you know via this thread.
Thank you. I will look into this further and I'll try reaching out to a switch manufacturer as well. And I'll also consider a slide switch as you point out in your last post. I am incredibly appreciative of the help you have provided me. You really went above and beyond any reasonable expectations I had regarding how much assistance I would receive on this topic. Thanks again!