Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help wanted

jccarmack

Oct 7, 2012
I need some help building a circuit. I do not know electronics and only have a schematic to go off of. The schematic seems like it would be pretty simple for someone who knows what they were doing.

I will pay money for it. Anyone interested or able to help please respond.

The schematic has been published for public use by its designers so there are no copyright or protection issues with this. I have attached the schematic.

Attachments

• public-schematic.pdf
    59.2 KB · Views: 130

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
Where did the schematic come from? It looks to me as if the LED is connected the wrong way round.

I have not looked at the LM334 details. Building this with wire ended components on to strip board would be easy. The fitting in a box will be more difficult.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Is it another brain electrifier?

The position of the 470uF capacitor provides vast opportunities for blowing the very expensive 5mA fuse.

and yeah, the LED is around the wrong way.

Also, by switching on all the switches, you get 5mA. The fuse needs to be rated for more than 5mA or it may die due to fatigue.

jccarmack

Oct 7, 2012
Yes, it is a tcds machine. I can create the box around the circuit/diode/switches. I wouldn't know about the LED being backwards, but I believe you guys. I am electronic illiterate.

I found it off of the website www.flowstateengaged.com

I own a clinic and have been reading the research on tdcs and want a unit to research with. Any mods to the circuit to improve safety and durability would be appreciated as well as to build.

jccarmack

Oct 7, 2012
I just checked it out. Thanks, Steve.
Now to get someone to build it for me.

Lenp

Sep 8, 2009
Hi jccarmak,
I can do that project easily for you. I'll try to send a PM and if I cannot, please post back with some contact info.
Thanks,
Len

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Be aware, anyone who gets involved in this project, that the intended application here is to cause current to flow between two electrodes attached to a person's head. Look up TCDS (trans-cranial direct stimulation) for more information. Equipment for direct connection to human beings may have to pass regulatory approvals; providing non-compliant equipment for this purpose could get you into legal trouble. Just being paranoid - but better paranoid and safe than careless and bankrupt or in prison!