Connect with us

Help urgently needed

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by joshua16, Jan 27, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. joshua16

joshua16

Jan 7, 2014
    What theory or property what describe this:
    when pump a massive amount of electrical energy it creates a large electromagnetic field.
    I am specifically talking about how it can make an EMP in this scenario, not an electromagnet. I need this for a school project I am working on.
    any help would be great fully appreciated.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Why are people obsessed with EMP?

If you want EMP, just set of a nuke in the upper atmosphere. Anything else hardly counts.

Certainly what you're describing doesn't count.

3. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Or read up on solar flares and their effect on the earth.

4. joshua16

joshua16

Jan 7, 2014
    *steve*
    I was actually doing this for a science fair project, and I actually had an effect. my intent was to not just have some poorly done research, but actually have some results. And I did get results with this. I didn't want to just talk about the threat, I actually wanted to do something relating to it. So I did. And also there is another way to cause one besides a nuke, use an explosively pumped flux compression generator.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  5. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    This is not an electronics thing, it's a physics thing. I would recommend asking the question on a physics forum.

If you want to talk about protecting electronics from the effects, then we may be able to assist.

Ask a Question