Connect with us

HELP!! TV Fault!! Photos Included

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Jordan Hickin, Mar 5, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Jordan Hickin

Jordan Hickin

Feb 24, 2016
    Hi guys. I have a 42inch Sony FullHD 3D Smart TV. Model Number: UE40F6320 Power Board Photo DSC_0074[1].jpg

The TV just clicks on the relay. On Off 10 flashes of the stanby LED. On Off 10 flashes of the standby LED. Backlight will flicker when it attempts to power on.

I have checked over the board and only found Photo DSC_0073[1].jpg. Which i am unsure if it has shorted out and darkened the connections or if it is meant to be like this.

The capacitors seem normal appart from a few on the same circuit as this device. To which all respond on a charge check of 200k at a steady 0.03. (Don';t appear to charge)

If it is this device, what is it and where could i order one from.

Hope you can help./

Attached Files:

2. Alec_t

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
    The top-most leg of the transformer, near the cathode of diode DM857, appears to have a dodgy solder joint (or it may be a trick of the light) where it enters the main pcb.
    10 flashes of the LED should tell you something. What does the manual/datasheet say?

3. cjdelphi

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
    10 flashes would indicate a 5v working rail to the main board..

You need to test for shorts across those transistors, but before you do, carefully power it up not touching anything unless you wish death. .

Then measure all the voltages going to the ribbon cables, but those 10 flashes are a clue

Ask a Question