Connect with us

Help to idenify an inductor

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by davedillon, Mar 3, 2009.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. davedillon

davedillon

Mar 3, 2009
    Hi, i apologies in advance if this in in the wrong section.
    My friend has dropped his Nintendo DS, he heard something rattling about inside and when he opened it something fell out which he was never able to find. eventually we found out what it was and apparently its a common problem, On inspection of mine which i stripped down, just above the power switch on the motherboard is a little Inductor Marked with L2 next to it on the board, for some reason, it is quite common for this to fall of when dropped. My question is, does anybody know if there is anywhere local to me in Manchester uk, where i could take the inductor to have it tested to see what the inductance reading is so i can replace the one my friend has lost as i do not have anything capable of measuring inductance, i believe some multimeter's have the option but mine doesn't.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, Cheers in advance Dave

Ask a Question