Connect with us

Help (Solar Charge Controller)

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Rogueraven, May 28, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Rogueraven

Rogueraven

May 18, 2013
    (No Solar Grill this time so put the mutton away)

I want help picking a Solar Charge controller, I've looked about but seems there are a lot of these things on the market, This is for my solar lamp circuit (Panel charge battery light lamps) I have been reading a lot so now hopefully I will be building this the correct way.

Also I do not know much about 12v car or leisure batteries would this sort of project require a 12v deep cycle battery or a short cycle ? seems what I've been reading fail to be specific

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
  3. Rogueraven

Rogueraven

May 18, 2013
  4. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Well, it's hard to tell if it's appropriate without knowing details of your setup, and I have no idea of the reliability of that unit.

However, if you've followed the rules of thumb I suggested in that other thread to appropriately size your system, and the maximum current that this device will be subject to is in the range of 50% to 75% of it's rated maximum (lower is better) then it may well be suitable.

Ask a Question