Connect with us

help school project. power to timer

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by benyboy981, Jun 7, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. benyboy981

benyboy981

Feb 5, 2016
    so i'm making an automatic chicken coop door for a school project and i have a 12 volt 1.3ah battery to power the motor to open the door but it needs to be on a timer. so i was wondering do i run all my power through a timer then to switches and then the motor, or is there other ways to do it.
    if i do go with the timer I've looked at a timer with these specs, will my battery be able to power the timer so its functional
    the battery will be connected to a solar panel.
    thank you in advanced for your responses i hope someone can help me out
    Power Consumption: 4.4VA
    Current Consumption without Load: 0.015mA
    Resistive Load: (LVD .IEC) 16A /250V AC
    Inductive Load: 0.6 8A /250V AC
    Incandescent Lamp Load: 1000W
    Switching Current DC: 16A/24V DC
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-12V-Digi...rs-/171281758693?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    What are the specs of the motor (power or current consumption)?
    Looking at the specs, this timer should be suitable for a motor of reasonable size. Where did you get the above technical data from? I can't see them when I open the link.

However, beware of possible quality issues with no-name Chinese products.

3. CDRIVE

CDRIVE Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3

May 8, 2012
    Sometimes I find that an ebay page doesn't fully load, so I have to reload it.
    It's near the bottom of the page embedded as an image. The same info is listed under the image as HTML.

Chris

upload_2016-6-7_10-20-10.png

4. benyboy981

benyboy981

Feb 5, 2016
    i am aware of the quality issues thank you, just most the timer i am looking at are all roughly the same specs.
    as for the motor im not sure what the power consumption but it is 24v. the motor came from an electric ram and the battery came from the control board thing. 2 batteries were connected in series. it came from a hospital chair.

the specs were at the bottom of the page or in the photos
    thank you

Ask a Question