Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help rewiring Ademco motion sensor

ajsmom

Dec 15, 2009
We recently had some built in cabinetry installed, and while they were installing them, the contactors pulled our motion sensor down to keep from bumping it. They did not write down any notes on how the wires were installed, and now our sensor is not working. Actually, our entire system seems to be down because of this.

The system was working fine until the day they removed it, so I know it does work. I just do not know for sure how to arrange the 4 wires to get the MS working again. I have contacted ADT, our monitoring service, and they tell me it will be a $25 trip charge, plus $95 per 1/2 hour to reconnect. That seems very steep to me, considering that we carry the maintenance option. I would not mind paying the $25, but the extra $95 is just too much.

I don't think this is a really hard thing to do, I just have no experience with it and do not which wire goes where. We have 4 wires, red, black, yellow and green. There are 8 holes where they could go. I can get the red/green light to come on, but the alarm will not sound. So I wonder if there is something other than just the wiring that needs to be done. Maybe some programming in the control panel???

The MS is an Ademco Quest 2235.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, as I really hate to fork out several hundred extra dollars at this time of year, when I just spent a fortune on having custom cabinets installed.

Thanks and Happy Christmas!
LS

ajsmom

Dec 15, 2009
Hey... Thanks for your reply, sorry it has taken soooo long to get back to it. I tried going to the link you supplied, but it only goes to a site for Walker Home Security, and there is no PDF file that I can find. Do you know of another way to get there???

Thanks a bunch.

Lisa

www.AlarmParts.ca

May 10, 2010
Typically speaking, the red and black are power and the yellow and green are the loop. red = + Black = - green and yellow = N/C and C

You said you can get the lights on the motion to come on which is a sign that the power is connected properly. Your comment on the alarm "not going off" is a little unclear. Do you mean the zone is not clearing (showing ready) or is the siren not sounding?

www.alarmparts.ca - If you are looking for discontinued or new parts for your security alarm system, beit a keypad, motion detector, glassbreak detector, smoke detector or any other security alarm system part check us out. We are your Canadian source for all that is security alarm system. If you are in the USA, take advantage of the Canadian currency exchange end enjoy lower priced US Shipping rates.