Connect with us

Help regarding line follower ?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by rajamalw, Sep 7, 2012.

1. rajamalw

rajamalw

Sep 7, 2012
    I am a beginer.I want to do a line follower. Can anyone please suggest the microprocessor and components required....Please help me............

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  2. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Pretty much any microcontroller could be used. Google is your friend.

Bob

3. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    What experience do you have with regard to electronic and microcontroller programming?
    There are two aspects:
    - building the electronics to sense the line or the deviation from the linend interfacing these to the microcontroller
    - the program that allows the microcontroller to read the sensor input and control the mechanics

I recommend you attack both issues separately. First build the electronics. You don't need the microcontroller for that. Once the sensors work correctly, interface thrm to a microcontroller. Building your own controller from scratch is not what I'd recommend for a beginner. Better use a ready made controller. E.g. a development kit from any microcontroller manufacturer or something like an arduino.

Ask a Question