Connect with us

HELP Please

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by DavezDesignz, Feb 16, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. DavezDesignz

DavezDesignz

Feb 16, 2011
    I am an absolute beginner to learning electronics and have not done any microcontroller programming. I am actually in the middle of some tutorial videos on basic electronics. what I am trying to do is disable writing on a ATMEGA8515L chip. I want to read the data on the chip but want to stop writing to the chip from the device it is used with. Someone said something about shorting out the input pins but didn't say how. Anyone who can help please do.

2. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Look for a 'Data Sheet' on your IC. Google is probably best.
    The manufacturer information on the data sheet, should help you greatly.
    Good luck.

3. DavezDesignz

DavezDesignz

Feb 16, 2011
    I had found a datasheet long before I had found this forum and after reading the Datasheet thought that this was the part of the circuit which was doing the counting but maybe it is not I will just have to trace out the circuit and see if I can't figure it out .... thank you for your reply and I apologize for not doing more research first, in the future I will ensure I do all the research I can before posting.

4. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    The data sheet is your friend.

Ask a Question