Connect with us

Help please with voltage regulators

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by MisterB, Jan 19, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. MisterB

MisterB

Jan 14, 2016
    As a new member, I apologize for starting off as a beggar. My experience with board components consists of having replaced two capacitors. If my boss repairs this board, he'll have someone qualified do the soldering,

I'd greatly appreciate any information you can give me in selecting replacement voltage regulators for this board, which was pulled from a Hannspree 28" LCD monitor. I sent this photo [​IMG]to Mouser.com, who were kind enough to cross reference to the following page:
    http://www.mouser.com/Texas-Instrum...N-wnwh?P=1z0zls6Z1z0y182&Keyword=1084&FS=True

Here are photos of the board, which has the vr's removed:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    TIA for any information you can provide regarding the voltages of the originals, and/or where I can locate another board.

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    Hi MisterB
    welcome to EP :)

the LML1084 is a 5 Amp low dropout voltage regulator
    http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/lm1084.pdf

they are available in 3.3 V and 5V
    so the 2 above that you have is one of each

the 1084-33 is a 3.3V one
    the 1084 is a 5V one as it has no -33 marking :)

Dave

3. MisterB

MisterB

Jan 14, 2016
    Wow, you are both good and fast... exactly the info I needed. Many thanks. Send me the bill and I'll pass it along to my boss. :)

davenn likes this.
  4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009

hahaha wish I could, but we all just like to help out :)

Ask a Question