Connect with us

Help Please- DC Motors & Mosfet reverse/brake

Discussion in 'Sensors and Actuators' started by customtshirt, Jul 2, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. customtshirt

customtshirt

Jul 2, 2013
    Hi,

I have come here looking for some assistance please. Simple problem I believe.

This is what I've got.

Printer which is currently operating:-
    An Encoder
    A DC 24 volt 2 amp brushless motor - Two Wires. I have tested the motor with a battery, it is just a simple dc motor that runs forward or backwards according to positive or negative wiring.

Under control of the printer, the motor runs forwards, backwards and the printer also 'brakes' the motor (at standstill the motor vibrates quickly)

I want to add another larger motor without interfering with printer-logic board. I thought I could use a pair of relays with protective diodes, but having discovered that the printer is 'braking' the dc motor, I do not believe relays will switch fast enough. I know I have to use Mosfets, but I do not know how to make sure that the larger 10amp (12volt) motor/s will respond precisely enough to forward/reverse/braking commands and fast enough so that when the printer does its initial encoder calibration, it accepts that all is working fine.

Could I get some help please with the Mosfet-circuit that can take it's control-feed only from the existing DC motor wires. I have a separate DC 30amp 12volt switchmode power-supply that should be sufficient to power the larger dc motors.

Thanks

2. nbb

nbb

Jul 4, 2013
    1st of all, im no electronics expert but I also encountered the same thing..

I think we used a high voltage to that dc motor that's why its vibrating/braking.. these are all based on observations and ive no way to prove this.. but when I run it on low voltage, it run perfectly.. I think it started acting like that when I run it on 12v...

well, goodluck to us!

Ask a Question