Connect with us

help please about equivalent transistor

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by hubi, Feb 21, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. hubi


    Feb 21, 2017
    am trying to repair an amplifier.
    amongst other compnents there are 2 transistors "BC174B" that i need to replace but i can't find any transistor of this sort to buy so i looked around and found datasheet of "BC546A" that looks quit like the datasheet of the BC174B but i need confirmation from people who are more experienced than me and i don wanna fry the amplifier. my question is can anybody help to confirme that these 2 transistors are really equivalents? and help how to tell when it comes to the connectors i mean are they really the same or do i have to inverse or something? thanx a lot for your help
  2. duke37


    Jan 9, 2011
    Welcome hubi

    The transitors seem to be very similar and many other transistors are available.
    npn 65V 100mA Hfe >110. 100 or 150MHz
    They are both e, b, c. I have not checked if these are the same way round.
    I doubt if a faulty transistor could damage the amplifier but this will depend on the circuit.
  3. Audioguru


    Sep 24, 2016
    The "A" transistor has low gain and might fail when replacing the "B" transistor that has at least double the gain.
    A BC546B transistor will make a good replacement.
    Arouse1973 likes this.
  4. hubi


    Feb 21, 2017
    thanx Duke for the answer,
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day