Connect with us

Help On Relays

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by emyel2697, Mar 27, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. emyel2697

emyel2697

Mar 27, 2017
    hi, i'd like to reverse the switching effect of a photocell switch (a.k.a. dusk to dawn switch)

it normally turns on at dark and turns off when it senses light

i would like to reverse this by using a relay, so that it turns on when it senses light

can you please draw me a circuit diagram with mains of 220V AC

thank you very much. :)

2. 73's de Edd

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
    Sir emyel2697 . . . . .

Inspect your unit and see if it is having a mechanical relay inside for doing the light switching. If so, then check the number of large power switching contacts being on the relay. Could be 2,3,4 or 6.
    HOPEFULLY it might be a SPDT (3 contacts) or DPDT (6 contacts) type of unit with some unused connections.

If such is the case, it may be as simple as some inter wire swaps on it
    OTHERWISE, this would involve some changes at the photocell input at the front end of the unit.

Which means disassembly and close up photos of component and foil sides. UNLESS some one in the past has already blazed this trail .
    Sooooooooooo . . . . .give us the brand and model, in order to more fully check on that aspect.

73's de Edd

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2017
Ask a Question